Today I'm sharing a recipe for turkey thigh marinated in low fat greek yoghurt, Mexican spice and a squeeze of lime.
· 500g diced turkey thigh
· 2 tsp olive oil
· 2 tbsp Cook with Mexican spice mix
· 2 limes
· 500ml low fat Greek style yoghurt
· A handful of freshly torn mint leaves
· Sea Salt, to taste
1. In a large bowl, massage the turkey with the olive oil, spice mix and the zest and juice of 1 lime. Add 1-2-tbsp yogurt and season with a little salt. Now cover and leave in a cool place until required, allowing for the flavours to develop.
2. Divide the turkey between 4 skewers then pop under a hot grill or over hot BBQ coals and cook, turning once or twice, for 7-9 minutes or until the turkey is tender, tinged brown.
3. Enjoy with cooling yogurt as an accompanying dip, juicy lime wedges for squeezing....and a sprinkling of fresh mint leaves over the kebabs or stirred into the yogurt.
I also made pulled pork instead of a traditional roast so Martyn and I could sit out in the garden an enjoy a brief spell of sunshine that we had on Sunday.
I have made this recipe a few times now and if you want to try it yourself head over to Good Food. The maple and mustard glaze on this is delicious and it's a firm favourite in my house. It's great served with some rolls, coleslaw and salad and would be pretty impressive to bring out at a BBQ to top your burgers or serve alone.
What are your favourite BBQ foods or seasonal summer picks?