I love nothing more than a long walk on a crisp winter day, taking my dog Sookie out with me where she inevitably gets covered in mud or decided to jump in the river on the coldest day of the year. The best part of it all is returning home and snuggling up in front of a good movie (sadly I don't have a log burning fire) with a hot drink and some shortbread biscuits. Perfection!
I've rounded up some of my favourite picks that are ideal for creating a cosy winter experience.
1. First up and pretty essential is a warm coat to keep out the cold. I've got my eye on a maroon parka from M and M Direct. It's got a hood to make sure my hair doesn't end up in a mess in the wind and rain and pockets for dog walking essentials like dog treats (and poop bags, ha!|)
2. My next pick is a ultra soft and over sized scarf from Joules. It is so big it can double up as a shawl, belted in at the waist.
3. I have ALWAYS wanted a Welsh Wool blanket and I love this modern navy and white one which you can pick up from Melin Tregwynt who have been making them for over 100 years.
4. Whittards Mulled Wine tea is a merry medley of fruit and festive spices, blending blackberry leaves for sweetness, apple for bite and essence of cloves for a fragrance. Perfect for that mulled wine taste without the alcohol content.
5. You're going to need a mug for your mulled wine tea or hot chocolate with marshmallows and this cute Cathryn Weatherhead one is super cute and is hand printed in Cardiff.
6. TK Maxx is a great place to pick up a candle and I love the sound of this one with a wooden wick that crackles as it burns with a festive spruce scent.
What are your essentials for a cosy night in or a winter walk?